FREE UK* DELIVERY
The aim of our Olympic Weightlifting Instructor Course is to provide a comprehensive overview for fitness professionals of the background and practical application of Olympic lifting.
On-site Training: If you are looking to hold this training at your own location for 8+ people, please contact us for a quote. Price including VAT, expenses may be added to final costs.
Course objectives: By the end of the course, attendees will have learnt how to:
- Understand the correct terminology for the Olympic Lifts, modified lifts and the pulls.
- Understand the safety considerations and contra-‐indications associated with Olympic weightlifting.
- List the benefits of Olympic lifting as part of a well-‐rounded and appropriately periodised resistance training programme.
- Demonstrate competent techniques for the Power Clean, Split Jerk and Power Snatch exercises.
- Apply progressions and regressions to the Clean, Jerk and Snatch exercises.
- Show an understanding of how to include assistant exercises, Olympic Pulls, Modified Olympic Lifts and the Olympic Lifts within a progressive resistance training programme.
There will be practical aspects of this course so participants should be prepared for some physical activity.
Assessments: Theory - Completion of theory assessment multiple-choice questionnaire with 80% pass mark (32/40)
Practical – Competent Demonstration of the following – Power Clean, Split Jerk & Power Snatch Competent teaching and coaching of the Snatch Balance
Uses - Personal Training, Strength & Conditioning Training
8 REPs CPD Points for successful completion of the course.
4 CIMSPA points awarded on completion.
Entry Requirements - To qualify for REPs CPD attendees should possess a Level 2 Gym Instructor or Studio Instructor Qualification minimum and a Valid REPs membership. This course is open to fitness enthusiasts not on the Register of Exercise Professionals, but certificates will not include REPs CPD Points.
Venue Locations: On-site only.
Venue requirements: If hosting this course on-site please ensure that the following can be provided for the course: 3 barbells with enough bumper plates to have varied weights up to 60kg.
Course duration: 8hrs
*Once you have purchased your course you will be contacted by our team to book you onto our next available course start date which is suitable for you